Mold Remediation Project Consulting
If you think you have a mold problem and need mold remediation,
Call Mold Inspection Sciences First!
We will give you an accurate evaluation of your mold problem. Since we do not perform mold remediation, we will give you non-biased advice and make proper recommendations with regard to the actual scope of the work that needs to be done. Our goal is to provide a service where you can rest assured that your mold remediation project will be completed according to your budget and time frame. And, once completed, you will have accurate and proper reports, documentation, and certification. We can also refer you to licensed, local, professional, customer-service-oriented mold remediation contractors upon request. Our Mold Remediation Project Consulting Service usually consists of the following:
- An initial visual and procedural assessment of the site or impacted area(s);
- Documentation of all moisture, water damage, and visible mold growth;
- Initial microbial sampling to establish a baseline and mold types present;
- Writing a Mold Remediation Protocol (Scope of work per the TMARR);
- Overseeing and monitoring the project;
- Training and instruction for Mold Remediation Contractors and Workers on proper containment structures and proper mold remediation procedures;
- Post Remediation Clearance Assessment and Sampling;
- Writing a Post Remediation Clearance Report; and,
- Signing the Mold Certificate (TDI – Certificate of Mold Damage Remediation, CMDR1)
Our Mold Remediation Protocols are written according to the Texas Regulations, but no other company writes a Mold Remediation Protocol that is more comprehensive than ours. Our Protocols are the best in the business and contain the following elements:
- Written protocol of performance requirements for the mold remediation contractor per standards found in IICRC S520, Standard and Reference Guide for Mold Remediation, and in accordance with the laws of the state of Texas, DSHS Texas Mold Assessment and Remediation Rules (TMARR)- Publication #2-15;
- General recommendations regarding corrective actions for issues discovered that may have caused fungal growth or may be contributing to fungal growth;
- Diagrams of affected areas and work to be performed in each area;
- Estimates of quantities of materials to be removed; and,
- Full photo documentation of initial conditions in the impacted area(s).
As per the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation rules and regulations regarding mold assessments and remediation (TMARR), if the affected area/materials to be cleaned or removed exceed 25 square feet, a Mold Remediation Protocol is required. Here in Houston, Texas, there are Texas laws, rules and regulations established by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation which must be considered for all mold projects: Mold Inspections, Mold Testing, and Mold Remediation or Mold Removal. The Texas mold laws protect the consumer by preventing a conflict of interest. It is strictly prohibited for a company to perform both a mold inspection and mold remediation on any project. Mold Inspection Sciences is a Texas Licensed Mold Assessment Company (License Number – AC01001). We have 11 Texas Licensed Mold Assessment Consultants on Our Team. We do NOT do Mold Remediation or any type of mold removal. We are strictly Mold Consultants and perform only Mold Inspections and Mold Testing. The Texas Mold Assessment and Remediation Rules and Regulations (TMARR) provide specific rules, guidelines, ethics, and penalties which apply to mold issues in residential and commercial buildings. Here at Mold Inspection Sciences of Houston, we have the highest ethics in the business, and therefore, abide by and follow the state regulations to the letter. We believe this is the only way we can offer our clients protection against state levied fines and future liabilities and assure that they get the best, highest quality work and customer service. When we manage an Houston Mold Remediation Project, we assure our clients that all Texas mold assessment and mold remediation regulations are being followed by the remediation contractor doing their work. If you trust Mold Inspection Sciences to manage your mold remediation project, we will answer all your questions and help you through every step of the process. Mold removal projects can be overwhelming, so let us help you manage the process. Our cost for these services varies on the size of the project and many times cannot be determined until we have completed the initial Mold Inspection and Mold Testing. Once we have defined the scope of the Mold Remediation Project, we will provide you with pricing for these services.
Mold Inspection Sciences offers mold remediation project consulting services in Houston and all around Texas.